Curly Jo

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Pottering around with internal hiccups...

It sounds like something an old person would do, but I frequently enjoy pottering around. I like doing it at home, getting the little things done that have needed doing for ages, or being all wifey and baking, or being all creative and re-covering the kitchen table chairs. I like pottering around in the office and sorting the files on the computer so its all neat, filing the annoying bits of paper that crowd the desk, throwing away post-its that have been acheived... Pottering around is good.

I feel really happy at the moment. Work is exciting as we're waiting to hear whether the young people's presentation at the weekend has secured them the 500k for Herne Bay's new Youth Centre. Got a big meeting on Monday with lots of important people about how it'll all come together, which is exciting too. Although I won't be directly involved soon, I know I'll be kept up to date as so many people involved are my friends, so that's nice to know.

Feeling pretty good health wise too. Baby has had the hiccups loads lately which feels quite funny. Though I did start worrying about him/her last night as they had the hiccups for nearly an hour! You can't tell a baby to hold their breath, or drink a pint of water with their arm in the air (that always works for me), and even though Steve did try to give them a fright by saying "Boo!" it didn't work. Poor baby.

If it happens again maybe I'll drink the water with my arm in the air and see if it helps. I'll let you know.

2 Comments:

At 5:18 PM, Blogger steve said...

hey! i didn't 'BOO' my baby! I 'BOO-ED' you!
the cheek of it!

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger curlyjo said...

well you must be even worse at "boo-ing" than I thought cos you didn't scare me either! but I'm glad you're not scary, your like Sully.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home