Curly Jo

Friday, September 22, 2006

"Season's may change, Winter to Spring"...

Ahh anyone else love that song from Moulin Rouge?! I well do. That line sums up how I feel at the moment. I love change, its refreshing, exciting, and an opportunity to grow and experience new things. I love the change in seasons, especially when its so obvious like summer to autumn that we're going through at the moment. Its funny how yesterday was really really hot, 31 degrees in the car! And tonight driving back from D:Caff I had frost on the back window! I'm looking forward to feeling the cold on my cheeks, enjoying winter dinners like sausage and mash, drinking really hot chocolate and feeling the benefit! And then of course there's the girly scarves and mittens and woolly hats, you gotta love them too.

With change comes uncertainty, and I'm feeling that too. Work has been really up and down this past 2 weeks. I suppose partly because I'm so up and down being nearly 6 months preggers (tho I REALLY hate admiting that might be a reason!), but also cos I'm adapting and preparing for the fact that I'm leaving this job in 11 weeks for a whole year. I'm realising that so much of my identity is tied up in the job and running D:Caff, and already I feel like its changing and people are preparing for me to go too, which is good, but feels weird. I am quite enjoying all the prep for leaving though, cos it just reminds me that we're having a beautiful baby and it will all be a brand new adventure!

So as you can see its lots of mixed feelings, but all good on the whole.

2 Comments:

At 2:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah that is a very familiar feeling the leaving work part not the pregnancy comment!! hehe. I understand what your going through mate. But I think your baby is gonna be so blessed to have a mum that is gonna be there for them all the time.

 
At 2:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

opps that Jules that left that comment by the way. Hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home