Curly Jo

Friday, March 16, 2007

Brave little girl...

Today I took Evie into town on the bus (I'm a nervous wreck with her on the bus, I'm so certain the buggy brakes are going to give way and she'll sail down the aisle!) and we went to the doctors. It was time for her 8 week check up and she had to have her first jabs. I was fine about her having the injections until I heard another baby absolutely screaming (I mean high pitched, I'm in agony kind of baby screaming) and all of us Mums in the waiting room looked at each other with fear written all over our faces! I was worried then that Evie would really scream, which I've never heard her do and I thought how much it'd freak me out. But my little angel is a brave little soilder, and although she let out a cry that was so long I thought she'd forgotten to breathe, she did brilliantly.

I'm glad its over.

Now I've dosed her up with Calpol and she's sleeping soundly in her Moses basket...apart from when I've been disturbing her every 10 minutes to check whether she has a temperature! Poor child. What am I gonna be like when she's really ill?!

Mum's 60 tomorrow. She and Dad have gone to Italy this morning for a week to celebrate. Too right I say. Bit gutted I won't see her on her birthday or Mother's Day, but we're having a family get together when they get back.

Right, I'm gonna try get some kip while Evie's asleep cos I only got 4 hours last night. Not due to her crying, but to my overactive imagination...I was planning how I want to decorate our new house!!

2 Comments:

At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait till she wanna climb the stairs to sit on the top! That freeks me out! Sounds like you doing great!Please don't wait till its Andrew's turn to bring her to church I have only seen her once!!!!!Madri

 
At 2:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow you're such a great mum Jo!! Hope you enjoyed your first of many mothers day. Thanks for the email. Will try and call you again some time. Give Evie a kiss from Aunty Jules.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home