Curly Jo

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Unbelievable...

...but as its 4am it is also very much a reality! I am a Mummy!!!!!!!!!! I'm sitting on the living room floor with my daughter asleep in my lap (having just cried for an hour and a half!) Although I didn't get to sleep until 7am this morning and won't be going to bed yet for a few hours, I feel wide awake cos just before Evie fell asleep she was looking right at me for a long time and made my heart melt and filled me with energy. Hmmm I wonder how long this love petrol will last.

Its been a really emotional couple of days, which with a 5 day old baby you would expect, but we've had the added upset of poor little Evie not being too well. She's had jaundice (which I mistook for beautiful olive skin for the first few days!) and went from 7lb 2oz to 5lb 12oz. Although babies do lose weight after they're born, this was too much so we had to go back to hospital where she was a brave little soldier (living up to the meaning of her surname) as they put needles in her and she didn't make a peep. The blood tests showed that the jaundice wasn't too bad but she was quite dehydrated. So I've been feeding her strictly every 2 hours, and cos she's so weak she had trouble taking it which was really stressful. We're going back to hospital tomorrow - or today- so we're just praying she's improved and won't have to be admitted and have a feeding tube. She's fed a lot better today so we're very hopeful and positive.

For any NZ rellies who haven't received pics from Dad yet, take a look at "Stevie's Blog" from the list opposite and you will find a mini gallery of proud parent type photos.

6 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope things have got better for Evie, I thought she had a lovely complexion too!! If you guys are caught up rushing about doing stuff, let me know if I can help with the mundane stuff such as shopping (well it's not mundane to me!!) Love you xx

 
At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi honey,no how you feel jules was born jaundace,and look at her now !they picked it up straight away ,thinkin of you anything i can do love mare xxx

 
At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Text us next time you up at 4am! You be surprised how many mornings you will get a reply! and won't feel to alone! Ryan on inhaler in the night at the moment so not much sleep here either! Evie will get better they have more fight in them then we realise. Thinking off you. See you soon. Madri

 
At 2:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mummy Jo. Your doing a great job! Evie secretly told me that she is really happy with her new mummy and daddy. hehe.

Jules

 
At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey jo, just left a message on your hubby's blog but thought I couldn't not write on yours too! Congratulations on becoming a mum! You appear to have the most beautiful baby in the world!!
take care, love fleur x

 
At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry to read of Evie's jaundice and your having to revisit hospital. Hope this has settled down now. Will pass onto NZ rellies and thanks for update. Hope my present to you has arrived. Love Aunty M in NZ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home